PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. You can obtain more information about cookies and how to disable them here.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Also, when you make a donation or attempt to make a donation through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Also, when you request information or deliverables from us in the form of details about our activities or email updates and/or newsletters, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and IP address. We refer to this information as “Subscription Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our visitors browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the Order Information that we collect to process any donations placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with order confirmations), inform any charities you support of your donations, to communicate with you, and to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
We use the Subscription Information that we collect to respond to your requests made through the Site (including providing you with details about our activities, and sending you email updates and/or newsletters), and to communicate with you. If you longer wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe at any time.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties only to help us provide you with the services described above. For example:
– We use MailChimp to collect and maintain Subscription Information. You can read more about how MailChimp uses your Personal Information here.
– We use Qgiv to process our donations. You can read more about how Qgiv uses your Personal Information here.
– We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here.
– We provide your name, email address, and the amount of your donation to any charities you have chosen to support via our site. You can learn more about how these charities use your Personal Information directly from the relevant charity: Sakhi for Girls Education, Power of Love Foundation, or Missfits Robotics.
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only as necessary for them to provide the services described above. We do not provide Personal Information to any other third parties for advertising purposes.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
When you make a donation through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
When you provide us with Subscription Information through the Site, we will maintain this information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
P.O. Box 225008
San Francisco, CA 94122